For the past 33 years, you might have known me as the Ouachita Christian School Headmaster. As we enter the 2023-24 school year, you will see me in a brand-new role: Director of Development.
As a former math teacher and administrator, having seen my time here as a ministry, I am embracing this new role of connecting our larger community and its stakeholders to our mission, “Preparing Youth for Time and Eternity.” I look forward to visiting with former students, parents and grandparents in the coming months.
As we look back on the past year, I am excited to report that OCS continues its trend of growth and success:
- Our student population, post-pandemic, increased by 9% over the past three years, and enrollment for 2023-24 is expected to increase as well
- Our ACT average is 25
- The class of 2023 was awarded nearly $3.3 million in scholarships (excluding TOPS), with 91% TOPS-eligible
- Our class sizes remain small
- Athletics garnered three state championships in 2022-‘23 in football, boys track and baseball
We know these successes are not possible without the support and involvement of our alumni. But there is always more to do. That’s why I want to make you aware of these current campus needs:
- Several summer projects in progress to equip our campus for growing enrollment
- Financial aid for minority students and emergency aid for families who are going through a crisis
- Our Endowment Fund
If you are led to assist with any one of these needs on this list, please contact me at [email protected] or 318.376.5488.